Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Fresh start to communicating

Here we go! Time to try something new or as others have said, "get into the 21st century." I am creating this blog in an effort to better communicate with the members of Valencia Country Club. Over the past year I have done a poor job in keeping the membership current with the happenings on the course. This is partly due to the fact that things have been going so well and partly due to the fact that Craig has done a great job in his weekly e-mail comunication. If there was something I needed communicated (or rant about) I had Craig slide it in his "Weekend Release."

My hope and intentions with this blog is to provide a forum for our members to be able to see weekly updates regarding course conditions and maintenance practices, be kept up-to-date regarding projects, be educated as to why and when we perform certain practices with there desired outcomes and most importantly provide a forum for open communication. I have come to realize that every member at some level is interested in the golf course and this line of communication will allow us to satisify this that interest.

Here is how I envision this process working. Hopefully once a week, or possibly more frequent, I will put a posting on the blog. The posting will cover any special maintenance practices taking place on the course, update any unique course conditions, provide updates on projects, show photos, or just be a forum to answer questions or voice opinions. It is my hope that members would read the posts, look at the pictures and post feed back or ask questions. It is my intent that questions will be asked to spark interesting dialogue and education. What is blog will not be is a forum to complain or compare. I am reserving the right to edit all posts and will do so in order to provide a postive environment.

So here we go the first posting and pictures are on the way!

2 comments:

Pat Gradoville, CGCS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat Gradoville, CGCS said...

Great Job. It looks good and you will receive positive comments!!a